about me ⬇️
I'm Tom. I live in London. I'm an Engineering Lead.
I love music and sport. I play the drums and guitar, regularly jamming with friends. I do lots of different
sports: water sports like kite surfing, surfing, wake-boarding and swimming, and other sports like football (i'm
a gooner), squash and table tennis. I also love yoga and meditation.
Here is where I write about Tech stuff and you can find my side projects.
I like to work in:
- a) businesses that understand the importance of Tech
- b) highly-collaborative, high-trust teams doing Trunk-Based Development
- c) cross-functional teams, where every role is a hat to be worn rather than a gate to
- d) teams doing continuous delivery, deploying to production in <5 mins with great
- e) teams using functional, statically typed languages and ideally an IntelliJ IDE,
I enjoy hard technical challenges and their intersection with Product-thinking, Systems-thinking and broader
business and management
strategy. Great things happens when teams are trusted and empowered to build good quality products,
and learn. Any sufficiently
hard problem requires a culture of learning and exploration, and businesses should be working on problems
are hard to solve.
I have been working on http4r
, an open source Rust web client/server as a